Monday, May 9, 2011

Love Sucks: December's Beautiful Woman (Translated Lyrics) + MV

My first translation of a k-song not related to a drama! I heard the audio before where I watched the MV for Beautiful Woman, and I was very much smitten within the first second of the song, which incorporated a very Chinese-like melody (flute, I think?). Kind of like that haunting melody in kmovie weepfest The Classic, an instrumental OST called Firefly, albeit octaves lower:
Firefly (instrumental) - The Classic OST

Then I proceeded to watch the MV, which I thought was far less impressive than the song, but I take that back. First I thought it was like, meh, nothing I haven't seen before. You know, one of those where a pretty woman is all alone in the house, brooding, staring at the cake alone, then flashback: the once happy couple interact with each other in their wonderful picturesque house, Zzzz... BUT! Just when I was about to doze off, a single WTF moment happened. And then things took a bloody turn. Never mind how it happened, but this is the single best (plot?) twist in a music video. Like! 


The music video:

The Lyrics: 
My heart is in such pain, no matter what medicine I take it won't cure
I guess my love was deeper than I thought, perhaps so
But I didn't know that this was love, like a fool I did not know
Until my eyes shed tears, only then I realized

I'm able to let go of your hand, only because I love you so
Even in parting, I feel happy
That's why I'm able to let go of your hand 
You must meet a good person, and be happier than anyone else
Because I love you, so I won't regret it, sending you off like this

Flashed in front of my eyes, from my ears,
I still hear your voice, making me shed a tear
Because you are far more beautiful than the stars, 
Rendering me speechless
That one difficult phrase, "I really miss you"

I'm able to let go of your hand, only because I love you so 
Even in parting, I feel happy, 
That's why I'm able to let go of your hand
You must meet a good person, and be happier than anyone else
Because I love you, so I won't regret it, sending you off like this

Those happy memories, those blissful moments
As long as I take those and remember 
I will let you go with a smile 

I am able to let go of your hand, only because I love you so
Even if I close my eyes, I still think of you
Actually I can't let go of your hand
Good person, I only need you
I'm unable to love anyone else
Let me be crazy for you, the world's most beautiful one
I love you


Let me be crazy for you, the world's most beautiful one
I love you


Chloe Says: Hey didn't I just translated a song that ended with the everlasting vow "I love you" as well? Kekeke, I'm going to be an expert on Korean love lyrics soon XD


Beautiful Woman is R&B duo December's fourth single, and they're planning to launch their second album this year. 

Also, see December's live performance on Inkigayo here:

No comments:

Post a Comment