Monday, January 31, 2011

DH On-site's Presscon (Suzy's Cut)

It's funny how one's perspective changes pre and post broadcast of a show; not too long ago I remember having no expectations of DH, which was in my mind a "musical-idol" extravaganza, something along the lines of High School Musical. But no, what I got was Over The Rainbow with more pizzazz. Well well, that'll tell me not to look down on idols' crossovers anymore, eh? 
The following is a pretty interesting Q & A session from the recent on-site presscon held on the 25th, as Suzy talks about her acting debut, the difference between her and Hye Mi, and which guy she prefers (oh even Baek Hee's name is mentioned!)

During KBS 2TV Dream High's on-site press conference, Suzy was asked whether she was troubled by the negative comments on her acting skills. Seeing Dream High is her debut, many were skeptical about her ability to take on a main character (have to admit: myself included). In response to the reporters, Suzy replied: "Regarding many criticisms on my acting, I think it's attributed to my being new at acting.  I regret not being able to express Hye Mi's despair when she failed Kirin's High School's audition. 
She continued: "But I think I'm making progress in my performance, so I try not to think about those "controversies" and instead do my level best as "Go Hye Mi" so that the audience won't have to ponder on such things anymore."
On her character, Hye Mi compared to herself: "My personality and Go Hye Mi's is completely different. I'm not the type to throw temper like that, so it's pretty hard for me to express myself that way. But I've gradually adapted to it." 


Next up, some playful questions from the reporters: When asked on whether Kim Soo Hyun or Taecyeon suited Go Hye Mi better, she said, "To Jin Gook, Hye Mi is the girl he really wants. As for Sam Dong, she's someone he'll never be able to reach." (hc: Awww, this is too sad. It really says something about the two's personality doesn't it? Jin Gook just wants Hye Mi and doesn't ponder so much as to why, as for Sam Dong he thinks he doesn't deserve her. And THAT my friend, is the universal failing of second leads. Siiigh.)
It gets better from here; next question's answer is the most interesting of the lot. When asked which character will hold up best in the real [entertainment] world, Suzy replied: "Yoon Baek Hee." She goes on to elaborate: "When she makes up her mind to achieve something, I think she'll be able to succeed in the real world." (hc: Wait, does that mean...that one has to be a b*tch to make it in the industry? Hmmmm)
Things are lookin' good for Dream High, for the latest broadcast its ratings reached 15.9%, the first for its time slot. 


Credits: Via Baidu, Chi trans by dawn, into English by hellochloe. 

7 comments:

  1. I must have missed something , but what happened to Baek Hee's leg?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! youve got to see the interviews of suzy when asked who she liked between the 2 guys, on all of them she said she prefers kim soo hyun over taec (1. at DH presscon 2. happy together 3.on set interview) hahaha i just wish it would be the same for hyemi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope hye mi with taecyoen/ jin gook for the story more attractive

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-t oh no !! T^T
    does that mean she *hye mi* would not end up with sam dong???? :((

    ReplyDelete
  5. @sophie: The pictures other than the first one are from the 1st presscon, before they broadcasted. At that time Eun Jung slipped on ice.

    @Anonymous: Really? Won't Taecyeon be hurt by that? Hehe

    @dityi: Ceh, Kim So Hyun is hot as well!!

    @mizzy_chan: Er...seeing this is a youth drama, I think they'll either go for a open ending or if more definitive, a vague ending where it is implied that she'll end up with Jin Gook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha yup on the DH presscon taec acted hurt and jealous, he tired to walk out http://tinyurl.com/4bjk4tp, happy together (http://tinyurl.com/4t3c8k4)
    on set interview he cried in BH lap -http://tinyurl.com/4wybofp

    im soo sorry i cant vid the other vids

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG thank you girl! These bunch of kids are too cute, me giggling furiously now. Choose away, Suzy! :))

    ReplyDelete