Monday, January 24, 2011

Marry Me, Mary OST: I Will Promise You

I'd be the first to say that Marry Me, Mary turned out to be heavily flawed - but I'll also be the first to say it turn out to be one of my favorites as well. A mania drama for me in every sense (mania is defined as:  An irrational but irresistible motive for a believe or action). Well, isn't that right. Irrational but irresistible. Right down to the last episode. And right now as I'm listening to I Will Promise You, a song originally written by Fukuyama Masaharu, I felt like translating it. So here you are.
At first I liked Kara's Superstar, just because I heard it first. Please, My Bus! and Hello Hello was catchy and appropriate for the scenes, but in the end the keepers are the slow ones - Mu Gyul's theme and I Will Promise You will be on my laptop forevah! 
More on the original song - It's called Naitari Shinai De (i.e. Don't Cry) written by the man himself, Fukuyama Masaharu and arranged by Takayuki Hattori. What's best is, the lyrics here retains the essence from the original song too:


I Will Promise You - Jang Geun Seuk 


Don't just sit there and cry; please hold my hand
I'll protect your everything
I won't let you go and leave you alone,
because my heart is already in yours
I want to understand your every heartache
 I want to convey you this warmth

Don't just sit there and cry; please look into my eyes
 Those past memories will tell you
All the things that you've lost; let's just forget it all
 For you I'll stand here forever
I want to understand your every heartache
 I want to convey you this warmth

I will promise you
Because of you I made this promise
I will protect you; forever and ever
In your eyes oh; you'll have me too
It's fine even if its a few times, as long as we start over it's okay
Please do not doubt this precious dream

I will promise you,
Because of you I made this promise
I will protect you; forever and ever
In your eyes oh; you'll have me too


Forget all the sadness; hold on to my hand,
I'll embrace your everything 
I won't let you go and leave you alone,
because my heart is already in yours
I promise you


Chloe Says: Hey, on the subject of Fukuyama Masaharu, have you guys watched Galileo? In my opinion, it's his best role to date and it's one of my top ten favorite j-doramas of all time; please do not miss it! ;)

KBS 2TV Marry Me, Mary!'s Official Website and Baidu's Jang Geun Seuk

No comments:

Post a Comment