Saturday, January 22, 2011

TFW: Freya Lin Rocks My Socks

That's it! I'm buying this album of hers, Tears Withdrawn (Hanyu pinyin: Yan Lei Liu Hui Qu). This rocks-my-socks album also includes the opening and closing theme from The Fierce Wife. But don't get me wrong, when I say "rock" I don't mean it literally, since her songs in this album are best categorized as melo (love ballads usually are).

Twdrama OSTs work a bit differently from their Korean counterparts, unlike in kdramas which feature a myriad of artists, twdramas generally feature one singer prominently throughout the whole of broadcast of the show. Which means it'll either rock to the high heavens or suck wayyy bad (and it's too bad if you don't like the artist's style of music).


But it usually turns out well, I've picked up some valuables along the way, like Yen-J through P.S MAN and That Love Comes. Hope to hear more good stuff from him soon, my sweetoo.

This is the official MV from The Fierce Wife:


From the lyrics, it is clear why this song was chosen - it fits Wei En's position right down to a T. Below is the English lyrics, translated by yours truly.

Song: Loving You Like This Is Scary* (please note I translated this as "terrible" for the lyrics)
Composer: GJ
Lyricist: Lin Xi

I was the one who gave my best wishes when we parted
So why is it that I suddenly halted when I heard your good news?
With reddened eyes and a dark face I talked endlessly
Why do you seek my opinion on everything that comes to your mind? 
What's wrong; are you okay?

Your happiness has nothing to do with me, I'm not happy at all
I've also lost my right to continue pretending we are friends
I even hope she wouldn't be good enough, that would be great
Perhaps then you might continue to care for me
My being like this, am I still worthy of your love?

I'm a hypocrite, I'm ashamed, I'm jealous of your happiness
You fool, don't force me to lie
Loving a person is to possess, it's not noble at all
I'm ugly, I'm selfish, I confess, seeing you I can't stand her
My refusal to give up, it's just a selfish act after all
I also think I'm terrible 

The so-called "blessing" is only lie to deceive the both of us
The hope for us to get together is just a moribund dream
I even thought about what if you both started to fight
Then we would be able to get together
My being like this, am I still worthy of anyone's love?

I'm a hypocrite, I'm ashamed, I'm jealous of your happiness
You fool, don't force me to lie
Loving a person is to possess, it's not noble at all
I'm ugly, I'm selfish, I confess, seeing you I can't stand her
My refusal to give up, it's just a selfish act after all
I also think I'm terrible (so terrible)

I'm a hypocrite, I'm ashamed, I'm jealous of your happiness
You fool, don't force me to lie
Loving a person is to possess, it's not noble at all
I'm ugly, I'm selfish, I confess, seeing you I can't stand her
My refusal to give up, it's just a selfish act after all
I also think I'm terrible

I love you so much, but I wish you were lonely
A love like this is terrible

1 comment: